YoWorld Pricejacking- The meaning and purpose.

Shogun
PostPosted: April 1st, 2015, 6:36 pm

Hello friends!

Today we, the YPV team would like to talk about the so-called Price jacking- why and how it's used and what are the consequences from it.

Firstly we will explain to you the meaning of it:

This is artificially manipulating the price of an item in order to increase the purchase value. This means people falsely increase the value of an ordinary item in an attempt to make players think that said item is in high demand or worth more than it is.

How this is accomplished:

Usually the the target is already marked in advance i.e it's already planned, meaning the pricejackers all agree to set one item of their choice to a ridiculous price thus manipulating the real worth of the item.

There are several ways for Price jacking:

1. By systematically flooding events and various centers for sale example: I BUY ... PAYING 1M, by several people. Then players will see these events and believe that people really are paying millions for these items.

2. A very common way is by using the Auction House as Price jacking occurs in several stages:

First by artificially raising the average price of a certain item.

The second stage which is the most important to accomplish is by showing a certain price.
That happens, as most often the item is placed in premium auction, in order to be seen by as many people as possible and to lift the price by bidding ridiculous prices of the item which they want to price jack.
The so-called validation of the price or price display can be done within a few days in a row until it players become interested in the item in question.

3.To convince the price guides to reflect their value as it helps them make it true. We have to note that our price guide, DOES NOT SUPPORT these type of actions and, we do not and will not put artificially raised prices to our site! It's truly immoral for our team, to take advantage in this way of our users! We absolutely refuse to adjust our prices to accommodate pricejackers.

Why is it done and what is its purpose?
Many of you, I suppose don't realise what's the purpose of price jacking and that's completely normal, as most of you play for fun. Unfortunately not everyone plays the game just for fun. Some players play this game for the sole reason of generating a profit.

What do we mean:

At the moment there are not that many coins in game, due of the suspension of hackers who brought free coins in the game. The power of the black market for coins requires more effort and the demand for the purchase of coins in an illegal way is rising. Our latest information is that 1m coins can now be exchanged for 3$, which can be a decent income for some players.

For example loading their inventories with 2-3 hairstyles and each member of the group gathers 10-15 from each of each item which they intend to pricejack. They then artificially increase the prices by means of making fake events asking to buy the item and manipulating the auction house to reflect their fake prices. For example, a pricejacker could price jack a hair to 5M and then sell 10 of those hairstyles thus making themselves 150M in coins and what's worse they can then sell those coins at $3 per million, making $450 off the game. This is just per person, you have to remember that there are groups of pricejackers therefore combined they make even more money.

Why is this negative? :

As first we want to draw your attention to that all these illegal sales of coins are against the rules, they contribute for the plundering of the owners of the game that invest real money and work, so that we can still play our favorite game.

What robbing and why?

Selling coins for a low value stops buyers who directly invest in the game thus generating a profit and certain jobs and salaries for the owners who look after the game to evolve through real investment from their side. The second and very important aspect against price jacking is that thes actions of this group of people has a negative impact on the market, causing many players to leave the game because of frustration, and making the game and items inaccessible to new people and is presenting it in a bad light.

Some of you are just innocent participants in the whole scheme that don't really know what they might do to the game, and that's why we are telling you this, we hope that you will think about this when you buy, and you realize that when you are buying items that have been or are in the process of price jacking you will be helping the negative development of the game and assisting the illegal financial benefits to a group of people whose actions are helping to kill YoWorld.

We hope that you would take this into consideration and we strongly encourage you to NOT give in to the pricejackers. Happy gaming everyone! :sun: :sun:

New Hero
PostPosted: April 7th, 2015, 9:33 pm
Ok so after reading this post........ I think i should leave yoworld. i mean whats the point if u cant afford any thing and i think noobs should start scamming lol because its what the rich yo people are doing.........!!! u guys do realize the game is not the same as it was used to be........
Shogun
PostPosted: April 8th, 2015, 3:38 am
azia0423 wrote:Ok so after reading this post........ I think i should leave yoworld. i mean whats the point if u cant afford any thing and i think noobs should start scamming lol because its what the rich yo people are doing.........!!! u guys do realize the game is not the same as it was used to be........

The point of this post is not to make you give up, but rather to make you think about how things can change.
In life the law of physics is very pronounced, namely: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.
This means that the potency is in each of us and if we really are people who want to save the game we will give appropriate counteraction. What I mean? If players do not buy overpriced items, if players do not buy coins from scammers, if players are truly part of a community, together they can stop all this and to make the game more fair and enjoyable for everyone. :handshake:

New Hero
PostPosted: June 4th, 2015, 12:25 pm
I get this but you can't undervalue most the items on your guide due to who you think is a price jacker... I'll give you credit on how you put this but it's not big of a deal than how you put it or whoever put it. lol

New Hero
PostPosted: June 4th, 2015, 12:28 pm
It's not fair to assume who is price jacking just because they're selling or paying more than what your guide has listed...
Shogun
PostPosted: June 5th, 2015, 6:54 am
jamesh wrote:It's not fair to assume who is price jacking just because they're selling or paying more than what your guide has listed...

But it's fair because your pixels worth more than others?

New Hero
PostPosted: June 7th, 2015, 8:17 am
What do you mean? You know some people who associate with YPV are also "pricejacking" so to say. I get it- there's definitely people pricejacking but its almost very clear and transparent who those people are. YPV prices are unusually low and for a lot of them don't even have prices. Guides are meant to be there for a guide and reference and having the prices as low as this guide does is almost the same as pricejacking just doing it the opposite. With your prices so low and people always buying over your guide....your guide is the main cause of the Pricejacking. I been playing over 5 years it's not hard to see that after playing day after day almost all day long.
Shogun
PostPosted: June 7th, 2015, 10:17 am
jamesh wrote:What do you mean? You know some people who associate with YPV are also "pricejacking" so to say. I get it- there's definitely people pricejacking but its almost very clear and transparent who those people are. YPV prices are unusually low and for a lot of them don't even have prices. Guides are meant to be there for a guide and reference and having the prices as low as this guide does is almost the same as pricejacking just doing it the opposite. With your prices so low and people always buying over your guide....your guide is the main cause of the Pricejacking. I been playing over 5 years it's not hard to see that after playing day after day almost all day long.

I can buy everything at our guide prices, but if you can't search and look for item you want to buy and you just post like i am paying 1m for something which most ppl selling 100k it's not our problem. If we see ppl selling item for 100k and 10 ppl posting they pay 1m we won't change it. And can I ask you which item is so low in our guide?

New Hero
PostPosted: June 8th, 2015, 8:16 am
Snow Fairy wrote:
jamesh wrote:What do you mean? You know some people who associate with YPV are also "pricejacking" so to say. I get it- there's definitely people pricejacking but its almost very clear and transparent who those people are. YPV prices are unusually low and for a lot of them don't even have prices. Guides are meant to be there for a guide and reference and having the prices as low as this guide does is almost the same as pricejacking just doing it the opposite. With your prices so low and people always buying over your guide....your guide is the main cause of the Pricejacking. I been playing over 5 years it's not hard to see that after playing day after day almost all day long.

I can buy everything at our guide prices, but if you can't search and look for item you want to buy and you just post like i am paying 1m for something which most ppl selling 100k it's not our problem. If we see ppl selling item for 100k and 10 ppl posting they pay 1m we won't change it. And can I ask you which item is so low in our guide?

You can but you won't because you really can't. You can try which means you can but you really won't find everything at the price this guide lists it at. Your question takes to long to answer because this guide has well over 100 items without a price. There are those who increase a price just to get an item they really want quickly and there are those who sell lower than the actual guide just to get quick coin so both scenarios are mutual and are almost the exact same thing. In my opinion YPV has it all wrong and you should pick up the pace because there's already over 100K items in the game. :muscle:

New Hero
PostPosted: June 8th, 2015, 8:20 am
Tons of your furniture items say

In VIP Store - Currently Unavailable

Slack- THERE IS A PRICE FOR EVERTYTHING!

New Hero
PostPosted: June 8th, 2015, 8:30 am
Last to note- when you see one person selling for a price and you see more people selling it for more then the original- you do some investigating to find the real price. You make it seem like the people running the guides are lazy... not every item that is sold high the is result of pricejackers. Some items are just really sold higher than others. I'm tired of explaining this.

BTW you're not BVG so it's not like you guys know who BVG got rid of so assumptions that coins are gone from the game because people got banned....BVG already said there is enough coins going around from coin gifts and the free coins thing. Get over the superiority complex.

New Hero
PostPosted: June 8th, 2015, 11:22 am
I couldn't continue on because it got boring but I could do this for days and here are some items from 2012/2013 which should already have all the prices listed for these items *NOTE* these aren't the only items without a price in the following themes lol

New Year's Animated Screen
New Year's Animated Tile Turn
New Year's Celebrations
New Year's Guard
New Year's Musician
New Year's Stage
New Year's Traditional Dancer
New Year's Cops
New Year's Fountain Globe
New Year's Mime
New Year's Small Globe
New Year's Street Lamp
New Year's Two-sided Bench
New Year's Doll Float
New Year's Dancer
New Year's Drummer
New Year's Flag Holder
New Year's Parade Ride

Playhouse Animated Bird
Playhouse Animated Fountain
Playhouse Artist
Playhouse Banana Statue
Playhouse Maze Contestant
Playhouse Animated Sprinkler
Playhouse Car
Playhouse Bent Bench
Playhouse Street Light
Playhouse Tilt Bench
Flapper Black Stained Glass Window
Flapper Animated Vault Door
Flapper Animated Typewriter
Flapper Bank Cashier
Flapper Large Sofa
Flapper Love Chair
Flapper Telephone
Flapper Big Movie Projector
Ancient Rome Massage Seat
Ancient Rome Cell Gate
Ancient Rome Dungeon Window
Ancient Rome Sun Dial
Ancient Rome Wine Cart

New Hero
PostPosted: June 8th, 2015, 2:43 pm
Snow Fairy wrote:

Royal India Soso Eyes 1.2-1.5m? They sell easy 5m
Kentucky Races Wavy Hair Male? They sell 500-3m, I have paid 1m for black and sold it for 2m
Cocoaville Lionell Eyes? They sell easy 300k, It took me over 1 week to find a few pairs
Vegas Wavy Hair Male? They sell 500-1m, price might sound high but the hair is truly hard to find cheap
Russian Circus Wavy? Sells 500-800k, the hair would take weeks to find at guides price
Miner Suspender? Sell 30-40k, Ive sold many at 40k and have bought a few at that
Miami Beach Loafers? It took me a day or two to find a pair at 100k but they aren't to popular
Animal Reserve Backpacks, One/Two Strap? They both sell for 500k+ and are in demand, I sold a two strap mustard 600k
Animal Reserve Cargo Shorts? Mustard should be 40-60k the rest 10-20k, yes lower on others from how ive seen them sell since I have sold them before
Some items have to be lowered, some need to rise
By the way I think Yopriceville was right about the Hawaii pricejacking because these items are in low demand especially for yorehabs price
Shogun
PostPosted: June 10th, 2015, 3:35 pm
ItsJustSteve21 wrote:
Snow Fairy wrote:

Royal India Soso Eyes 1.2-1.5m? They sell easy 5m
Kentucky Races Wavy Hair Male? They sell 500-3m, I have paid 1m for black and sold it for 2m
Cocoaville Lionell Eyes? They sell easy 300k, It took me over 1 week to find a few pairs
Vegas Wavy Hair Male? They sell 500-1m, price might sound high but the hair is truly hard to find cheap
Russian Circus Wavy? Sells 500-800k, the hair would take weeks to find at guides price
Miner Suspender? Sell 30-40k, Ive sold many at 40k and have bought a few at that
Miami Beach Loafers? It took me a day or two to find a pair at 100k but they aren't to popular
Animal Reserve Backpacks, One/Two Strap? They both sell for 500k+ and are in demand, I sold a two strap mustard 600k
Animal Reserve Cargo Shorts? Mustard should be 40-60k the rest 10-20k, yes lower on others from how ive seen them sell since I have sold them before
Some items have to be lowered, some need to rise
By the way I think Yopriceville was right about the Hawaii pricejacking because these items are in low demand especially for yorehabs price

I'm not surprised that you come here to argue just for those high pricejacked items :D and I guess you're bored because after all pricejacking people are not playing as before and also I guess soon only pricejackers will stay in the game oh and yes they sell good to each other for whatever prices they want. :d:

Return to YoWorld News