Gravy= Hack/Scam

Wizard
PostPosted: October 25th, 2011, 2:05 pm
Hello. Recently, a hacker got into my account. Luckily, all I lost was a Fireman Costume. This thread will explain it, and how to protect yourself from it.

Google Chrome™ (The internet browser) has a feature called "Inspect Element". The "Inspect Element" feature allows a person to view, copy, and EDIT the HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language) Of the webpage. Yoville is powered by . Each user on yoville has a long peice of code. Every character in this code is what makes up your Yoville account. NOT your Facebook, or Myspace account. A hacker can simply replace their Flash Box (Gamewindow ; Spot where it shows the game) with YOURS! This will allow them to access your account.

How to protect yourself against this?

Do not EVER send someone any part of the HTML source of ANY Yoville, or Facebook url.

Never let someone that you do not trust go on a Remote Control program with you. The most common one is Teamviewer . With teamviewer, they can take control of you, and get your code

A hacker can also find your code with programs. Please be cautious about what information you give random people. A game powered by smartfoxserver (I have worked with SmartFoxServer for a long time) is very simple. The ways for them to look you up are by your Money (Coin #), Age (Your Facebook one) Facebook ID, or Player ID. All a hacker needs is three lines of code to take over your account! The code looks something like below. I am using a random code, as I will not give out my real one. Here it is:

Code: Select all
Gravy=383q9b3023mx92u0e29wd92

I hope this was helpful!

Bye!
Last edited by Ryan Yo on October 26th, 2011, 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Master Hero
PostPosted: October 25th, 2011, 2:10 pm
I'm getting scared :O
Shogun
PostPosted: October 25th, 2011, 3:39 pm
It is extremely important to know that we always have to put reliable passwords to update them in some time, not to give access to personal information to strangers and do not register on suspicious websites. Every second, every computer is under threat, not just by hackers who want to enter into your Yoville account, but those that want to use your computer to attach some fake sites that steal real money from people. For this never use passwords on your router as admin, admin or simple numerical combinations, always use complex passwords with different letters and symbols!
Wizard
PostPosted: October 25th, 2011, 3:44 pm
Snow Fairy wrote:It is extremely important to know that we always have to put reliable passwords to update them in some time, not to give access to personal information to strangers and do not register on suspicious websites. Every second, every computer is under threat, not just by hackers who want to enter into your Yoville account, but those that want to use your computer to attach some fake sites that steal real money from people. For this never use passwords on your router as admin, admin or simple numerical combinations, always use complex passwords with different letters and symbols!

+100000000 my old password was just 12345 LOL
Shogun
PostPosted: October 25th, 2011, 3:53 pm
I recommend everyone to use Firewall which is a device or set of devices designed to permit or deny network transmissions based upon a set of rules and is frequently used to protect networks from unauthorized access while permitting legitimate communications to pass.
Shogun
PostPosted: October 25th, 2011, 3:55 pm
Sorry for your loss I know how does it feel :( ;(
Wizard
PostPosted: October 25th, 2011, 4:21 pm
Snow Fairy wrote:Sorry for your loss I know how does it feel :( ;(

Thank You :). It's not really a big loss for me. In 08, my son played yoville on my Facebook account, and bought LOTS of costumes. To be exact, every one except for Ladybug, Miss Mafia, And Playboy Bunny. But, In christmas 2008 i saw some innapropriate stuff on Yoville, & Told him he Can't play it. Ever since then, I fell in love with yoville
Shogun
Location: Composed of Atoms and Sitting on Atoms in Florida/USA
PostPosted: October 25th, 2011, 10:48 pm
So that is why I keep seeing people offering to help
people with Teamviewer. I have always stayed away from chat clients
since the MSN chat hackers from way back when
Wizard
PostPosted: October 26th, 2011, 12:00 pm
I try to not talk to suspicious people.
Wizard
PostPosted: October 26th, 2011, 1:40 pm
Zynga tells me "They'll look into this".
Wizard
PostPosted: October 26th, 2011, 1:41 pm
:envy: I doubt they mean it
New Hero
PostPosted: October 26th, 2011, 2:09 pm
* Sounds bad :/ must warn more people about this one .Just incase someone looses a big item..
Uncle SamYVF
Wizard
PostPosted: October 26th, 2011, 2:18 pm
Uncle SamYVF wrote:* Sounds bad :/ must warn more people about this one .Just incase someone looses a big item..

+1
Master Hero
PostPosted: October 27th, 2011, 10:56 am
Snow Fairy wrote:I recommend everyone to use Firewall which is a device or set of devices designed to permit or deny network transmissions based upon a set of rules and is frequently used to protect networks from unauthorized access while permitting legitimate communications to pass.

ty snow for the eggxellent recomendation :)
Wizard
PostPosted: October 27th, 2011, 2:56 pm
:O how rude of me, If forgot to thank her D: , TY SNOW!!
Master Hero
PostPosted: October 27th, 2011, 11:37 pm
Snow you rock :) Ty for the response

New Hero
PostPosted: October 29th, 2011, 1:27 pm
I would also like to add a story to this....First tyvm for the info on the coding.
However I know a lot of people that were hacked some time ago as they became close friends with
others in games and started gaining their trust enought for the other to receive emails that contained
a keylogger in a file sent such as a music file, picture, etc. For anyone that does not know what a
keylogger is...It;s an executable file that logs all keys strokes made on the computer...hence passwords!
I have a very secure firewall, virus program and will not use any program to play game other than
Internet Explorer. I was once hacked too very long time ago. I hope this is a help for others. :)
Have fun!
Shogun
PostPosted: October 29th, 2011, 4:49 pm
susie thanks for warned us!
Master Hero
PostPosted: October 30th, 2011, 4:25 am
Snow Fairy wrote:susie thanks for warned us!

+1 :clap:
New Hero
PostPosted: November 22nd, 2011, 3:21 pm
This week i don't know how i got a random add they needed neighbors i added they and when i checked my process link it had a keylogger i tried to access my facebook account i didn't work and then i tried to log onto my admin pc account and a weird message popped up and it said say bye to your 7k fan page when i tried to log into my pc admin they had changed my password i managed to get back into my account the i reformatted my laptop and have not had a problem since Beware!!!! :)
Wizard
PostPosted: February 7th, 2012, 7:14 pm
This is patched now. Someone can close it.

Return to YoWorld News