ALIEN HELMET PRICE JACK?

Here is a place where we could discuss what happens to prices in Yoville.
Hero
PostPosted: June 16th, 2011, 9:35 am
:!: I'm sure everyone is now aware of what a price jack is by now.

EXPLANATION OF PRICE-JACKING: It's when you have a set of 2 individuals lets call them :devil: Stan and :emo: Joe. Stan tells Joe to create an event called "Alien Helmet 250k". Then Stan goes and makes an event 2 minutes later called "WTB Alien Helmet for 350k". Thus tempting people to look on the events board and say to themselves "OMG I can make a quick 100k right now by buying from this guy and re-selling it to this guy who's asking for it, I'm gonna buy it." So you go to Joe and you buy your alien helmet, then you dart on over to Stan's event that says "WTB Alien Helmet 350k"...but oh no what happened? Stan is nowhere to be found. That's because Stan is back at Joe's apartment collecting half the earnings for being part of the scam or "PRICE-JACK" Scheme, however you'd like to reffer to it. Not to mention Stan and Joe just set forth a title wave, who knows how long they've been collecting their hair for the cheapest they could so they could do this later on down the road. So they continue to do this over and over again. Then other people see these events popping up so what do they do? They're none the wiser and they begin createing their own events unknowingly (or knowlingly, sneeky sneeky) scamming ppl out of hundreds of thousands of coins. A LOT of ppl even get involved in their own way to keep it going. So my question is...

DO YOU BELIEVE THE ALIEN HELMET, GLASSES, SUIT AND RAY GUN HAVE BEEN PRICE JACKED? And should Yoville be allowing spoilers out of their future themes?

Spoiling causes people to price jack as well based on similar themes such as the new rainforrest theme which in turn price jacked the rare nature woman/man costume that was nowhere near 1 or 2 million coins. Now that the SPACE ODESSY theme is coming out soon, I have to question whether or not this is just another prime example. I think there are 2 types of price jacking. There's the every day ordinary object jacking which can be done with anything but mostly with hair because it goes out of the store so fast. But I also think there is the theme spoiling generated price jacking. I don't think it's fair at all, there's nothing more special about these items than they were a day before the information came out or before someone decided to put their own stamp on it and how can you avoid this cycle of jacking when it tempts even the most honest person to do the un-thinkable in the game. It's sad, but I'd like to know everyone's opinions. Thanks!
Shogun
Location: Composed of Atoms and Sitting on Atoms in Florida/USA
PostPosted: June 16th, 2011, 11:18 am
I will never understand why people get upset over trends. If you never wanted the item before then why do you care if people want it now and are willing to pay for it. People said the same thing about Thunder bolt and pimp shades when they went up from 90k to 500k within a few days...oh and guess what that is what they go for now.
People want items that are rare and limited.
If you think it cost too much then don't buy it and don't get mad if someone sets their own price on the items they have.
Wait for the trend to fade away and you can buy your items cheaper. It happens with yocash items. People paid 80k to 100k for a YoBer and now they sell for 30k.

Every year around christmas there is 1 toy that everyone wants for their kid and the store is sold out and they go to Gbay and buy the same toy that was 20$ at the store and they pay 200$ for it to make their kid happy.

Wait for the trend to fade away and you can buy your items cheaper (if it is a trend). It happens with yocash items. People paid 80k to 100k for a YoBer and now they sell for 30k
Shogun
PostPosted: June 16th, 2011, 11:25 am
You are 100% right but we have one problem when the price of some items increases all the people start looking to buy it and ultimately Joe and Stan reach their goal :!: So I can say that unfortunately the people , helping themselves prices to rise :whew:
Shogun
PostPosted: June 16th, 2011, 11:26 am
Price Jackers :(
Shogun
PostPosted: June 16th, 2011, 11:32 am
But that is the way it works. If people are made aware that an item is limited and then want it, that is why prices go up. I see people asking 300-500k for the XL helicopter that was the most expensive yo cash item ever (100 YoCash) and was only sold for 1 day.
The problem is that it is so BIG no one wants one. :D

I see events like an Advertisement and the more people see the name in an event title the more they want it.
Hero
PostPosted: June 16th, 2011, 11:36 am
I agree with you Snow Fairy, people ultimately set the demand as you and Taylor as well specified. It may be a trend or a price-jack, however u want to call it. But it's upsetting and the only way to stop it is to not buy it but that simply will not happen. There will always be way too much temptation to buy into the scheme; like i said before even the most honest person would give up something they don't feel is that valuable if someone was willing to buy it, but that person may not necessarily know anything about Stan and Joe (our fictional price jacking characters). So they just get sucked in, but are of course satisfied. I'm afraid the real ones that get taken are perhaps the first buyers. I don't know, but it's not cool that they go around claiming people rarely bought these items and that justifies their "right" to jack up prices, when in reality, they don't work for zynga and have zero records of how much one paticular item sells for.

Soul
Shogun
PostPosted: June 16th, 2011, 11:44 am
Since we started three months ago every time we try to explain to people how prices artificially go up and down and you know what - absolutely nothing!
Shogun
PostPosted: June 16th, 2011, 11:58 am
To me a True Price Jack would be done by the people with 4-500 million buying all of 1 item and hoarding it.
They have whole homes full of say 2008 Starlight Snow Disk's and then after buying them all
they put the word out that they so rare and no one has them and they set out to sell them at the new high price.
They then flood the market full of Starlight Snow Disk's and the price falls within a week or so.
Hero
PostPosted: June 16th, 2011, 3:39 pm
yes, I know someone that will do that with the tiara 08
Shogun
PostPosted: June 17th, 2011, 6:52 am
Moving to Price Conversation for you.

Return to Prices conversation and reports